Saturday, October 18, 2008

Childhood Songs

Not like today's songs whose theme is about love and romantic, melodical, or bands' songs, during my childhood music industry for children was about the same with for teenagers-adults, or even larger I guess. Several days ago I got a few songs of that period, which reminded me of my childhood time.

In my primary school time, I think Joshua was one of the booming child singers, his debut was at his 5 or 6, but not sure, I remembered the song was "Obok-Obok", but forgot whether it was his first successful song, there's anothers related to 'bird' or whatever, but I often watched the video at that time haha. Then at the same period came many other young singers, Chikita Meidy, Tina Toon, Melissa, Maissy, Trio Kwek2 of course, Saskia, Geovanni (first artis I ever met face to face and took a photo with hahahaha), Enno Lerian, Agnes Monica, Tasya, Cindy Cenora, then I think Sherina is the 'last' booming child artist-singer, before music industry here switched to adult - teenager - romantic- love love love love love love (repeated million times) - bullsh*t (errrr, i really hope for another new 'switch' pleaseeeeee, boringgggg).

In short, I loved my childhood time so much, waked up every Sunday morning only to watch cartoon till afternoon (and now I realized that I should go to temple instead of cartoon hahaha), playing a quite number of playstation and PC games, and at school, playing 'toss-the-card" or err, dont know what the name, free gifts got from snacks which fooled us hahaha, then if you toss with the others and you win, you get one more from each losers, and related to the blog title, I really really thanked GOD that I was born in a 'short' period where local media really really supported children-entertainment industry. I cannot imagine how if I was born later, maybe I will watch 'sinetron' everyday, listen to and sing "LOVE" song everyday, watch infotainment which ALWAYS show the negative side of every celebrities, I consumed almost the same things as what should be the adults', haha.

Hmm, now I really miss that time, then after listening to this song, I really miss my high-school period as well, because of the lyric, miss all my friends :(

Bila kita dapat memahami
Matahari menemani
Kita dalam kehangatan
Hingga sang rembulan bersenandung

Menina bobokan seisi dunia
Dalam lelap setia
Tanpa terpaksa

Bila kau dapat mengerti
Sahabat adalah setia
Dalam suka dan duka
Kau 'kan dapat berbagi rasa
Untuknya

Begitulah seharusnya
Jalani kehidupan
Setia....setia...setia
Dan tanpa terpaksa

Mengapa bintang bersinar
Mengapa air mengalir
Mengapa dunia berputar

Lihat sgalanya
Lebih dekat
Dan kau akan mengerti

The title of the song is the soundtrack of a movie sung by Sherina, and got very highly popularity at the time released. Now I only have less than 20 of my friends, who always reminds me of others friends anywhere they are now T_T

Very sleepy now, just want to post some photos of the child artists, now already turned to teenagers, some adults :)







always beautiful ^_^











still a bit similar, isn't he? hahaha












her eyes , looks like never change, haha












waa i cannot find alfandi, ever saw him in Ceriwis but dont know why cannot find his photo, T_T











Why is she so different heh? ^^

2 comments:

sai said...

wiww,, good childhood ne? i also was really when i was a kid. wanna repeat those times. hehehe.

GODevil said...

yup2 sometimes i want to go back to the past, huahuahua