Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Biography

Biography is a 'true' or 'real' story of someone's life which usually written in a book, or sometimes in an essay. It can be seen clearly from the word, biography, which came from the Greek words 'bio' which means life and 'graphy' which means to write. Well, done about the tedious introduction, haha.

Actually I had nothing to write as I am trying to catch up for every lessons I lag now, before yesterday I read an opinion, from someone who always become my life inspiration, which realized me many things I never thought of before. He/she stated that she love reading biography as she can learn many things about life from biography. From biography, you can learn from someone's experiences during whole of his life (until the biography is written, of course) in just a few hours.

When I am in a bookstore, or a library, I will always search for anything related to computers, music, programming, politics, or world as a whole, and biography is one of the least thing will come into my mind. I never think why we need to read a biography, as it just informs you about one person's life. Indeed, there are many things in it you can extract. That is the first simple thing that I never noticed. Then I suddenly think of blog. The reason I love to read others' blog is to know what their opinions are, what their experiences are, then if I cannot apply anything to myself, at least I can get some information or anything about my friends in that time, in addition to increase my writing skill, of course.

The reason for all those is simple, I spent my life before with my family, lots of friends to whom I can share any problems, anything to say, anything to share. As I get one small problem, my family or any friends can always solve that. When I get a problem in studies, I can always get the solutions quickly, either to study harder, ask a friend, or even to find a extra course. As I got more matured, I became too dependent, I cannot stand alone anymore, I always need someone when I want to do something. Luckily now, as I get into a tertiary education and live far from my family and friends, the only good thing is that I have to do make any decisions myself. I am a university student, then simple to say, when I get a bad score, I have to quickly make a decision what to do.

A semester passed quickly, I tried to adapt myself to everything, to this lovely place of living, then problems came faster than I predicted, so I had to solve all my problems myself, I was saying at that time 'this is my time!!' Badly to say, I was totally wrong. I failed to solve one problem but at the same time another problems came, and the situation came again and again into its peak during exam time. At the same time again, I created a fatally wrong opinion. I thought that I should be mature myself 'naturally' in terms of way of thinking and behaving. As I walked alone I will gain experiences and be a better person day by day, but sorry to say, I was wrong. I immediately realized that there is no such natural thing in this era. I have many friends, family, and millions of people connected easily by such phenomenon (not anymore =D) called 'internet'. Then this new global world allows one to learn something quickly from anothers.

I ever wonder why someone now can be better faster than he should be? Why this competing world targets younger and younger people? When someone is used to achieve everything in his 30s or 40s, now we always see 'young' entrepreneur, 'young' professor, 'young' millionaire and any other 'young'. I believe one of the reason is that they can learn others' experiences, choose the best one and do it quickly and choose the bad ones and simply ignored them. It's like an invention in technology, if someone already creates an invention, then just use it to find another inventions, don't find the same invention and you will lose half your life already and unfortunately it is useless. Back to my own experience, I just realize that I cannot grow up alone, I have to look up the others and I just know that it is true, when someone says, there is no such originality anymore now, you have to look others' experiences, put or copy the good thing in you, and as time goes you will still be 'you' yourself not other person, but in a better way. In short, I have to learn from the others.

Happy that I have time to think more of it, get the reason why I was so dropped months behind, and convince myself that I have to socialize with the others. Even once you get into the society and work, absolutely you won't work alone the whole time and wait for the salary, then meet people only after coming back to home. The last point I get is that, blogging, forum, biography are not something wasting your life and therefore I do the right decision by writing a blog, and hopefully one day I will have a chance to read many people's biography. ^^

2 comments:

~'FeN'~ said...

Yeah...
You're right...
Blog is not a waste...

Hidup BLOG!!!!

GODevil said...

haha, right2