Friday, September 26, 2008

CIDP

Computing Innovation and Design Project.
Even I still look at my degreeaudit for the abbreviations. It's a very unique subject, which has to be taken once you take Software Engineering 1 course and will appear automatically after add/drop period in the student link which add 4 AUs to the total AUs. Luckily this semester I have difficulties in overloading, otherwise I may almost have 30 AUs this sem!!!

The subject itself is a project related to sofwareengineering1 lab and the two runs together where CIDP is only in 1 recess week and 1 other week after the exam period. And for that 2 weeks only, this CIDP subject can strangely stand itself for 4AUs. SoftwareEngineering1 course will teach you some concepts for the lab which continues to CIDP, that's how the 8AUs can run together, but it's clear that you can still do the CIDP without taking softwareengineering1 and if you are very skillful enough in website and database, then that 4AUs are done already. Then I'm always thinking myself wtf this project can be so not common and itself has so many AUs.

I just finished one of two weeks of the project although I don't think I have done half my works. I get annoyed enough not to have holiday in this recess week but at least I can get something useful from this project.

The 1st day went so bad. I had no idea what to do and just hoped to be able to come for CEC investiture which should be more fun than the project but unfortunately I couldn't. Even in the end of the day our team still debated about our own assumptions which supposed to be done in earlier weeks. Luckily the long wasteful day finished any different assumptions and I hope there won't be any debating after this.

The 2nd day even worse and may be the worst. I didn't know what to do. I had to do the coding part but even I knew nothing about it and database. I want to do something but my friend just gave me a tutorial file to learn and I was sooo lazy to learn since it's too much. I wanted to study another subjects but of course I couldn't. I spend almost the whole day by playing and did everything not important.

Finally we can cope together with the problems and helped one another immediately. In the 3rd day I could do the coding while learning from the tutorial file or just googling. The other good thing was that they have finished the template of our homepage website and I think it's a nice one.

Maybe the 4th day is the most effective day for me. Although I should not waste too much time for it, at least there's something ready to be put in the website.

Then in the last day everything we hoped to finish has been done already and now I'm back thinking about my holiday which has gone already since I still had to catch up for next 'busy' weeks. I also have to think about the next 5 days lab after the exam since it's the deadline already. But one thing I'm waiting for is to go back to my home country, since my year-end holiday is cut one week already because of this project and now I'm trying to find any tickets to come back at a 'reasonable' price.

No comments: